This sugar-free cranberry sauce tastes just like cranberry sauce should taste. It’s tart, it’s sweet, and it has no weird aftertaste or texture. Just a delicious tart gooey sauce to accompany your holiday meals.
- Low carb & keto-friendly.
- Only three ingredients.
- It does not crystalize or harden when cold.
- Has a beautiful sticky, gooey texture
- Tastes just like the real deal.
- Quick & easy!
four simple ingredients to a healthy cranberry sauce
- Cranberries – Fresh or frozen work great here
- Allulose – Allulose works best in this recipe because the sweetener does not crystalize when cold. It also has no aftertaste and creates a gooey sticky texture for jams and sauces
- Optional additions like orange rind, pecans, cinnamon, and cloves.
Are Cranberries Keto and Low carb?
Are cranberries keto-friendly? Yes! Cranberries are incredibly low carb and are a great addition to many low carb and keto recipes. Per 1 cup of fresh berries, they have 12g of carbs and almost 5g of dietary fiber.
The main nutrients in 1 cup (100 grams) of raw, unsweetened cranberries are :
- Calories: 46
- Protein: 0.4 grams
- Carbs: 12 grams
- Sugar: 4 grams
- Fiber: 4.6 grams
Tips For Making Homemade sugar free Cranberry sauce without sugar
- Add the allulose and water to a heavy bottom saucepan and heat until just boiling. Stir gently and try not to get any allulose up on the sides of the pan.
- Add cleaned and rinsed cranberries to the saucepan.
- Allow the mixture to come to a rolling boil and then turn the temperature down to low.
- Simmer for 10 minutes more or until the cranberry sauce is thickened and glossy, as in the photograph below.
Serving & storage suggestions
- Fridge: Store for up to 1 week in a sealed container.
- Freezing: Freeze up to 3 months.
No need to skip the cranberry sauce this holiday season. Since this sauce tastes so good and has barely any carbs per serving, pile it on your plate. I LOVE this sauce on a turkey sandwich with low carb bread; It’s an absolute delight.
More REcipes Like This
If you’re looking for more recipes that create sticky gooey sauces we have a few very popular posts for you to check out:
- Sticky Sweet Keto Caramel
- Low Carb Strawberry Jam
- Keto-Friendly Blueberry Jam
- Sugar-free Cherry Jam
- Sugar-free Raspberry Jam
Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce That Won't Crystalize
A low carb, sugar-free cranberry sauce that stays sticky and jammy without crystallizing. You will love this cranberry sauce as an accompaniment to all your holiday meals.
- 3 cups cranberries
- 1 cup granular allulose
- 1 cup of water
- *See notes below for added flavor enhancers
- Bring water and allulose to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Add cranberries and return to a boil
- Reduce heat and gently boil for 10 minutes until the cranberries burst, and the sauce becomes glossy. Stir occasionally.
- Pour sauce into a bowl. Cover and cool completely at room temperature. Store in refrigerator once cooled.
For flavor, variations try one of these additions ( or combine for something unique)
- 1 tsp of grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon and 1/8 tsp of cloves
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 16Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 4gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs (and sugar alcohols) are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fibre.
This is very good! I’ve been throwing some cranberries into my oatmeal, but thought I’d look to see if there’s a cranberry sauce that wasn’t loaded with sugar to top my oatmeal with instead. I found you in Pinterest. Thanks for posting!
I do this too, I thought I was the only one! So glad you enjoyed the recipe.