These low carb strawberry lemon blondies are soft and chewy like a good blondie should be. We’ve added lemon and strawberry to add a fun twist to this low carb dessert, and we think you’re going to love it.
keto Lemon Blondie RECIPE FEATURES
- Chewy & Sweet
- Can be made with your favorite low carb sweetener
- It has 4 net carbs! Perfect for keto dieters and diabetics.
- Gluten-Free, keto & Low Carb
- You can freeze these blondies without the frosting for up to a month
- The recipe is very adaptable. You can replace the strawberries with any berry you want, and trade the lemon juice for lime. Blackberry lime blondies would be amazing!
And if you love strawberries you may want to check out the must-try low-carb strawberry dessert list!
What sweetners Work best in this recipe?
For the low carb strawberry lemon blondies base, I used granular allulose. The reason why I used allulose is that it creates a wonderfully chewy texture without graining up or getting hard after a day or two in the fridge. Bocca Sweet also works incredibly well in this recipe.
Liquid sweeteners do not tend to work well in this recipe. The granular sweetener adds bulk, and replacing it with liquid sweetener will throw off the dry liquid ratios.
For the frosting, I used powdered allulose, and it worked great. You can use any powdered sweetener that you like the best for the frosting. A blend of monk fruit and powdered erythritol would work very well. Liquid sweeteners also work very well in the frosting recipe.
Answers about Sweeteners, Low Carb Baking Tips, and General FAQ
Tips for the blondie batter
- The melted butter needs to be just above room temperature. You can melt the butter in the microwave but do so with short bursts. We want the butter just softened, not bubbling and boiling.
- Add the white chocolate chips to the melted butter and let it sit while preparing the dry ingredients.
- Either sift or use a whisk to mix your dry ingredients to remove all lumps and clumps. Almond flour especially tends to clump.
- Add the melted butter with white chocolate chips, vanilla, lemon rind, and one egg (at room temperature) and blend until smooth.
- Keep adding single eggs one at a time and blending until combined.
- Smooth the blondie batter into the bottom of a greased pan covered with a sheet of parchment. The parchment will make it easier to lift the bars out of the pan. The batter will be thick, spread it out as evenly as you can.
Tips for the frosting
- In a stand mixer, or with a hand mixer, whip cold cream cheese until it becomes spreadable.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure all cream cheese bits are well blended.
- Add the heavy cream, vanilla, and sweetener to the bowl and mix on low until whip cream starts to blend with cream cheese.
- Turn the mixer up and whip the mixture until soft and fluffy.
Storage and Serving Suggestions
These low carb strawberry lemon blondies store best in the fridge, the texture becomes chewy and sticky.
These stay fresh for days in the fridge so long as they are covered well. After the fourth day, they start to lose their freshness.
The blondies without a frosting freeze great. Store them well covered in the freezer for up to a month. To defrost, leave them out on the counter overnight and add your frosting. Easy peasy!
We have more recipes you might enjoy
- Maple Pecan Blondies
- Smores Brownies
- Low Carb Millionaire Bars
- Chewy Pecan Caramel Squares
- Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Gluten Free Sugar-Donuts
Or check out all our low carb and gluten-free square and bar recipes!
Strawberry Lemon Blondie Batter
- 2/3 cup allulose
- 2 cups almond flour
- 6 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan gum
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup melted butter
- 2/3 cup melted sugar-free white chocolate (Lilly's)
- 3 large room temperature eggs
- 3/4 cup fresh chopped strawberries
- 2 Tbsp lemon rind
- 1/2 tsp strawberry bakery emulsion (optional, adds a lot of extra flavour)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered allulose (or your favorite sweetener)
- 1 cup heavy whipped cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 drop of pink food colouring
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease and prepare 9x9 square pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl and add the white chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a large bowl sift or whisk almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, xanthan gum, and granular allulose until no lumps remain.
- Blend the butter and melted white chocolate chips together - until glossy.
- Add the butter and white chocolate mixture to the dry ingredients, then add vanilla, lemon rind, and one room temperature egg, whisk until blended.
- Continue to add eggs one at a time and blending after each addition.
- Fold in chopped strawberries.
- Spread batter into the bottom of a square 9x9 pan.
- Bake for 27-32 minutes until the edges and top are golden brown. The center will be slightly soft, but the edges will be baked through. If the top starts to brown before the blondies are finished baking, place a piece of tin foil or parchment paper over the top of the blondies, and continue baking.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack until blondies are completely cool.
Cube one cup of cold full fat cream cheese and add it to the bowl of a stand mixer and blend for 1 minute, until the cream cheese has no lumps. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
Add vanilla, lemon juice, and sweetener.
Add 1 cup of full-fat whipping cream to the bowl and mix on low for 30 seconds, until blended with cream cheese. Turn up to medium and then high until the whipped cream and cream cheese fluff up and resemble buttercream frosting.
Do not overbeat. Over beating will cause the mixture to liquefy.
Room temperature eggs are required for this recipe. If you add cold eggs from the fridge the batter will seize up. If you forgot to take your eggs out of the fridge, a simple solution is to place your eggs in a bowl filled with hot tap water. It only takes a few minutes to get the internal temperature of the eggs up enough to prevent the batter from seizing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Anthony's Organic Coconut Flour
Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour
USA Pan Bakeware Square Cake Pan, 9 inch, Nonstick & Quick Release Coating, Made in the USA from Aluminized Steel
Lily's Less Sugar Baking Chips 7oz Resealable Bags (3 Pack) - Milk, Semi Sweet & Dark Chocolate (Low Carb, Keto Friendly, Gluten Free & Non GMO)
Lily's Chocolate, Baking Chips White Chocolate Style, 9 Ounce
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 255mgCarbohydrates: 6gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs (and sugar alcohols) are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fibre.